Tárgy hivatalos adatlapja:
The schedule of the semester:
The 2020/2021/II semester will begin in online mode. All teaching activities are to be performed in the course's Microsoft Teams channel (students have been added automatically). This is also the preferred avenue of communication between students and teacher. Until further notice, all exams are held online through Moodle (https://edu.vik.bme.hu/). Should we switch to offline mode, you will be notified by the university.
- Every Monday from 08.15. First lecture on 8 February, 2021
- The labs (except for Lab 6 which is teacher-led) are designed to be done by students individually.
- There are altogether 7 labs in the semester
- As long as we are in online mode, instead of a Lab, there will be a Lab consultation on every second Thursday (first one on 11 February, 2021) at 10.15 in the course's Microsoft Teams channel. You are expected to complete that week's lab assignment before this time and ask any questions you may have during the consultation.
- Lab exercises are essential to being able to do the homeworks. This is how the material of the course is designed. Furthermore, some subjects will only appear in the labs.
- Homework exercises
- There are 5 homework exercises in the semester.
- The homework exercises are set at the end of the labs and each of them has a deadline until it has to be uploaded to this website (~1.5 weeks).
- There are detailed instructions and explanations for each of them. They can be downloaded from this site (e.g. Homework 1) and must also be uploaded here. Find the form on the Results tab in the top menu.
- If you need consultation for the homework, notify the lecturer (firstname.lastname@example.org) in time so that you can submit (upload) the homework in time.
Requirements and results:
- Mid-term requirements
- Have to solve and submit each homework exercise (there are 5).
- Should we switch to offline education, labs become mandatory, attendance will registered. Students must attend at least 6 labs out of 7. One of the missed labs can be repeated on the repetition week.
- Any labs during the online period count as absolved for everybody, irrespective of whether they attended the Lab consultation.
- There is a midterm exam in the second half of the semester that needs to be passed (at least satisfactory - 2). Getting a 4 is rewarded by +4 extra points and getting a 5 is rewarded by +8 extra points in the final exam (as long as you reach at least a satisfactory score). Date for midterm exam is April 12th, between 14.15-16.00
- Date for retaking the midterm is April 28th, time is 10.15-12.00.
- There will be a second, paid, opportunity to retake it on May 19th. 10.15-12.00.
- During online mode, or until further notice, all exams are held online through Moodle (https://edu.vik.bme.hu/). Depending on rules that are not yet clear, it might be possible that classes will be held online, but exams be performed offline, written on paper.
- Should we switch to offline mode, exams will likely switch to be paper-based.
- Final grade
- To get a final grade one must receive a signature by completing all mid-term requirements.
- The final exam is written in the exam period. There will be at least 3 exam occasions, likely more in online mode. The test is 100 points. The extra points are added to the test result.
- Students from previous years who have completed ALL THREE mid-term requirements do not need to complete them again. These students must register for the special course marked in Neptun with @A and are only required to take the exam.
Due to the increasing number of breaches in the rules concerning academic ethics, this course adopts a no-warning policy. That is, students caught cheating in exams, midterm exams or homework excercises will automatically fail the course. Furthermore, cases may be brought before a disciplinary comission.
Students must respect all rules layed out by the university. A few clarifications and additions:
- Homeworks must be completed individually. Code is checked against samples from both this and previous years.
- Students who have attended the course previously are allowed to hand in previously submitted homework.
- It is forbidden to use electronic or written aids during exams and mid-term exams (refered to collectively as exam).
- No communication is allowed between students during exams.
- It is not allowed to have any electronic device on your person during exams. These must be stored in a bag or pocket and may not be taken out during the exam.
- When answering an exam question, do not answer with the exact words from the teaching material. It is not considered appropriate to learn the material by heart. The role of questions is to assess the understanding students have on the subject. Large portions of text or code recreated as is from the teaching material may be considered as proof of cheating.
Nincsenek aktuális hírek a tárgyhoz. Ha a később megjelenő hírekről azonnal értesülni szeretne, iratkozzon fel az
Régebbi hírek »
A tárgyhoz nincs feltöltve jegyzet.