Automation and Applied Computer Science Workshop
Scope and Objectives of the Workshop
Automation and Applied Computer Science Workshop is a workshop at the Department of Automation and Applied Informatics (DAAI), Budapest University of Technology and Economics aiming to provide a forum for the Ph.D. student community at DAAI to discuss their research results. Doctoral students will have the opportunity to present and to discuss their research goals, methodology, and initial/final results within a constructive atmosphere.
The Workshop organizers will strive to provide useful guidance for the completion of the dissertation research and motivation for a research career. The Workshop is intended for students who have already settled on a specific research proposal and have some preliminary results, but still, have enough time remaining before their final defense so that they can benefit from the fruitful Workshop discussions. Due to the mentoring aspect of the event, the Workshop is mandatory for PhD students of the Department.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Control Theory, Control Engineering
- Energetics, Industry 4.0
- Power Electronics
- Hardware Design
- Data Mining and Intelligent Systems
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Graph and Model Transformation
- Metamodeling and Domain-Specific Languages
- Mobil and Distributed Systems
- Computer Graphics
We invite full papers (12 pages) and short papers (6 pages). Authors are required to choose the format that is the most appropriate for their contribution. You can download the template from here. List of files from the template:
- The LaTeX style file for the workshop: AUTstyle.sty
- A template for creating your paper in LaTeX using the style file: aacsTemplate.tex
- The figure in png format for the template: BMElogo.png
- Two sample bibliography files: reni.bib and itemsetmining.bib
- The result of the template: aascTemplate.pdf
Please submit the generated PDF file at Easychair.
How AACS papers should be prepared according to the printing house specification
- The inserted image should be colorful only if it is indispensable to use colors. If the scientific message can be transmitted by a black-and-white or grey-scale image, use it instead of colorful. If a tiny part of a page uses colors, the printing process applies colorful technology, that is more expensive than the black-and-white printing.
- Colorful images are to be inserted either in vector format (svg, eps: charts, construction drafts, descriptive drawings created of lines) or high-quality raster formats (tif, jpg in case of photo-like pics). The png format can cause printing errors, if you would like to use png, don’t hesitate to discuss with Dr. Tibor Kovács (Kovacs.Tibor@aut.bme.hu).
- The black-and-white or grey content has to be saved (or converted, if necessary) in grey-scale format (it can be jpg, but not RGB or CMYK, but grey-scale format). Unfortunately, the printing house decision about color/bw printing depends on the format instead of visual content.
We kindly ask you to consider the above-listed specifications during the preparation of your camera-ready paper.
Dr. István Vajk - Conference Chair, Department of Automation and Applied Informatics, BME
Dr. Dmitriy Dunaev - Organizing Committee, Department of Automation and Applied Informatics, BME
The conference language is English. Therefore we ask you to use the English language in your communication with the Organizing Committee.