Z-ENG: ILearn - SaaS Platform for Tutors and Students
The COVID-19 has resulted in schools shut all across the world. As a result, education and tutoring have changed dramatically, with the distinctive rise of e-learning and online management, whereby searching for tutors and teaching is undertaken remotely and on digital platforms. Research suggests that online learning has been shown to increase retention of information, and take less time, meaning the changes coronavirus have caused might be here to stay.
One can find several online tutoring platforms like Udemy, Coursera, Udacity, Skillshare, etc. These online websites have their own business models and their own specific features. The general task of the student is to evaluate the existing platforms (scalability, customization, pros, and cons) and develop his own SaaS solution for tutoring.
Tasks to be performed by the student will include:
- Analyzing the main tutoring solutions on the market, concentrating on scalability, customization, pros and cons.
- Working out the backend architecture, research for suitable database solutions.
- Developing the browser-based web application for PC users, justify the frontend technologies. Developing the cross-platform native applications for relevant mobile platforms (Android, iOS).
- Dockerizing backend and frontend; generating backend API documentation for API sharing.
- Considering automated testing solutions; implementing backend unit testing.
Interest in the topic, knowledge of modern frontend and backend technologies, cross-platform software development, good command of English