Z-ENG Applying ML algorithms for prediction in non-IT fields
Many Non-IT fields have been considered a very important platform for research in the area of Artificial Intelligence. These fields offer many complex problems requiring measurements that return a huge amount of data. This data can be processed and used to extract useful information that can be used by AI algorithms in order to facilitate, improve or even substitute the measurement task needed in these fields with a prediction method that is nondestructive and faster.
Directions open this semester:
Prediction of viscosity using droplets videos.
Analyzing the video of wet granules.
More specifically, we process data collected in these fields and prepare it to be ready for use by an ML algorithm.
Tasks to be performed by the student will include:
• Present the Machine Learning algorithms which will be used and the environment on which it will be applied
• Study and analyze the collected data, make the necessary preprocessing and visualization
• Try different approaches for the predictions to have different results and compare them together
• Design the environment and implement the algorithm(s)
• Verify that the algorithm(s) work(s) as intended and that the prediction results are accurate